A student may have lost, deleted, or not received the email containing the link to submit their assessment. You can see the status of your students' emails anytime and resend them if needed.
- In your assignment's Dashboard, click on Students in the sidebar.
- You will see a list of students. Find the student you're looking for and click on the envelope icon under their Student details column.
- A modal window will appear. Click Resend email to send the email.
Understanding email statuses
Here are the most common statuses and what they mean:
- Sent: Email has been sent successfully.
- Opened: Email has been sent successfully and the student has opened the email.
- Failed: Something went wrong and the email failed to arrive. Try resending the email.
- Bounced: The email failed to arrive. Usually, this is because the email address doesn't exist.
Why isn't the "opened" status 100% accurate?
To detect whether a student has opened an email or not, the student's email client must be set to display images. Also note that some institutional email programs accept only plain text emails.