A student may have lost, deleted, or not received the email containing the link to submit their assessment. You can see the status of your students' emails anytime and resend them if needed.
- In your assignment's Dashboard, click on Students in the sidebar.
- You will see a list of students. Find the student you're looking for and click on the envelope icon under their Student details column.
- A modal window will appear. Click Resend email to send the email.
Understanding email statuses
Here are the most common statuses and what they mean:
- Sent: Email has been sent successfully.
- Opened: Email has been sent successfully and the student has opened the email.
- Failed: Something went wrong and the email failed to arrive. Try resending the email.
- Bounced: The email failed to arrive. Usually, this is because the email address doesn't exist. It can also happen when a student's school email account is attempting to forward to a personal email account but is incorrectly configured. Your institution's IT department should be able to assist with this issue.
Why isn't the "opened" status 100% accurate?
To detect when a student has opened an email, the student's email client must be set to display images (some institutional email programs accept only plain text emails). If the status says the student has opened the email, the student has opened the email. However, if the status says the email is unopened, this could mean that the email was never opened or that the student's email client simply isn't displaying images.