During the assessment setup
While setting up a new assessment, you'll need to pull your roster of students from Canvas. This is an important step as it ensures that grades will synchronize properly with Canvas's gradebook later on.
- When you get to the "Students" step, click the Click here to import students from Canvas button.
- Depending on how many students are imported, you will either see a summary or a list of students to be enrolled.
If there is an issue with any of the enrollments to be imported such as a missing email address, Crowdmark will display the full list so you can review it (students with missing emails will highlighted in red). Crowdmark cannot enroll students without email addresses.
Note: If no students have email addresses in your list, the integration with Canvas may be misconfigured. Please contact your IT department and notify them of the issue.
- Click Next to submit the list and continue the assessment setup.
Updating the roster
You can update your student list anytime to ensure that it's consistent with the roster in Canvas.
- From your assessment Dashboard, click Students in the sidebar. You will see a list of students.
- Click the Sync with Canvas button. You will see a modal window with a summary of:
- New students that exist in Canvas but are not in Crowdmark. You can skip the import of a user to Crowdmark by clicking the x to remove them from the list.
- Removed students that exist in Crowdmark but are no longer in the Canvas roster. This list is for informational purposes only. Crowdmark will not remove these students from the assessment.
- Unknown students that were manually added to Crowdmark and do not exist in Canvas roster. This list is for informational purposes only. Crowdmark will not remove these students from the assessment.
- Click the Add new students button to import the new students.