Comments can be managed through the comment library tool, which can be accessed through the book icon in the grading toolbar.
The comment library shows all comments you have left on a question (facilitators can see everyone's comments). Identical comments are grouped together as a single comment in the library, allowing you to make changes to all instances of a comment.
Below each comment you will see the number of times it has been used. You can click on this number to show all evaluations using the comment using the filter tool.
Facilitators can set up comments in the comment library before grading starts. A comment can be shared with the grading team by turning on its "Share with team" toggle. Shared comments will appear in every grader's comment suggestions.
Bulk editing commentsIf a comment has been used multiple times, you can make changes to all instances of the comment in the comment library. Graders can only see and make changes to their own comments. Facilitators can see and make changes to everyone's comments.
- Select the comment you wish to edit.
- Click the pencil icon to the upper right of the question content.
- Make your changes and click Save. All instances of the comment will be updated.
Adding a comment before grading
If you have a rubric or example feedback prepared in advance, you can create comments and associate them with point values without grading student work.
- Click the Add comment button in the upper right corner of the comment library. A blank comment will appear.
- Enter your comment text, point value (optional) and click Save. Your comment will be stored in the comment library and will appear in your list of frequently used comments.
- Optional: If you are a Facilitator and wish to share your comments with the grading team, see the next section, Sharing a comment with your team.
Sharing a comment with your team (Facilitators)
Facilitators can choose to share comments with the grading team. When a comment is shared, it will appear in the comment libraries and comment suggestions of all Graders and Facilitators on the team. The comment is read-only to Graders.
- Select the comment you wish to share.
- Click the Share with team toggle above the question content. The comment will be shared.